6.27.2012

Tea, paint, rain, blues & the housewives.




Whoa buddy. I've had a busy, busy week so far. A busy week SANS coffee! R and I finally decided to ditch the java-- so now we're just getting our caffeine via tea. A much more subtle jolt with no crash-- we're going to hit up the oriental market this weekend to see if we can find some reishi-mushroom tea. Which restores your Shen energy.

On Monday I taught Disaster Education classes to 140 sweet as can be 5-12 year olds. Pretty much they were the cutest things ever.. some were more tolerable than others, but it was a very fun & exhausting day. We talked about tornadoes and hurricanes and they were just so smart, I was quite impressed.

Then after volunteering on Tuesday I started a new painting, and I think I like it, so we'll see where it goes. I'm going to add in the swamp today. Can anyone guess that I am in love with Florida?

Speaking of, Florida has been quite rainy. A lot of whiny, spoiled Floridians are complaining about it. I think that is dumb. It's like 80 degrees and gorgeous 10 months out of the year here, it's been raining for a few days. So what.. We've been in a drought, AND now we can have fireworks on the 4th of July for the first time in 5 years. If it stops raining that is. ;)


This guy, Ben Prestage has been playing a lot around here recently (he's from here), and it just makes me so happy because.. I love me some good music, and this guy is a genius-one-man-band. So since he was playing and I was invited to hang out with a new friend I sent my evening tapping my toes and swinging my hips.

AND one more final thing...

I have two guilty pleasures in life.. The real Housewives of NJ and Orange county.. and I am just wondering.. Are people ACTUALLY that insane? I got stressed out just watching the season finale of RH of OC-- they are all so craaaaazzzzzy! I am glad I am not rich.

Namaste!

R










No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments?