2.16.2012

A lil' of this, a lil' o'dat.

So today is/was a good day.

I woke up, got on the scale, and guess who's lost 10 lbs. This girl. 

That's 10 lbs in less than a month, I think a big GO ME is in order. (Go ahead, I'm waiting) : P

10 LBS, that's like a cat.

that's a 17 lbs-er right there


Speaking of cats, I've totally been slacking on the cat-picture-every-day-in-Februrary thing. I guess that's a good sign that I might not actually be a crazy cat lady after all. 

The other fun thing is... We are moving to a new apartment (if we don't find something to BUY first!) and right next door to the complex is a special kind of yoga studio-- they have a couple of 4 week programs that you can register for, the classes help you get deeper into the practice by satisfying both the physical and philosophical aspects more intensely. Most drop-in classes start with "intention" but they usually keep it more generic and physical so it appeals to all spiritual backgrounds.This studio also has a Mysore practice, which is a 4 hour class where you can get one on one attention from the instructor in a group setting.

They also have teacher training programs but I've got some work to do on myself before I can help others work on themselves. So these classes are perfect! The other amazingly serendipitous thing is, I have been following this studios blog for several months, and I never even realized it! I of course read it, but never noticed they were from the next town over. (I am so observant) I think it's a sign!

A 100-word love story that I wrote was posted on So about what I said... today.. Love that blog.

..AND today, I helped my friend write an "About Me" on her match.com profile, which I am oddly really excited about because this girl dates the biggest douche bags on the planet and I love her too much to allow that to continue happening. I am her self-appointed Love Coach.

She equal parts loves me and thinks I am a pain in her ass. : P

Since it is Thursday I was going to post some art, but I have had the busiest week I've had in a VERY long time.. so an art post will have to happen tomorrow or Saturday. 

Yoga time.

Peace out!

r










4 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see that you really did seem to have quite a wonderful day. Congratulations on getting your story posted, and congratulations on losing the weight of an entire small cat!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you on losing that cat!

    Hugs, lady. So happy to see you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 10 lbs. That is a huge achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you! That's a big achievement, and you no doubt did it through all-natural methods. Between now and May I'm hoping to lose about 2 cats myself lol. (My cat was 14 pounds during his last vet visit, and he packed on a few since then. Seems like we both love chubby kitties.)

    Also happy to hear that you took on the Love Coach role. I've seen a lot of people date an endless cycle of douchebags, and it's such a hard habit to break.

    ~Shane

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love comments?