7.29.2011

Chipotle B.B. Orzo

I try to keep it simple & inexpensive in the kitchen; as much as I like to cook, I also like to not have to work that hard to eat something yummy and moderately healthy.

One of my faves is Chipotle Bleack Bean Orzo.


Alright... We have:
1. Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2. black beans
3. tomatoes
and 4. Orzo pasta (yum).

You guessed it; you cook the pasta per instructions on the package, drain the black beans and chop the tomatoes & chipotle peppers (their spicy so watch out). Once the pasta is cooked, add your beans, tomatoes & pepper, add a spoonful of the adobo sauce for a little extra spice... and BAM! 
You got yourself a yummy meal. :)

For about 3-4 lunch servings; I use 1 can of black beans, 2 chipotle peppers, 1 large tomato, about 1-2 tbs of adobo sauce and about 1.5 cup of orzo. I like it hot though, so cut down on the peppers and sauce if you aren't into spicy. I also throw a little garlic salt on there for seasoning. :)

Happy eating. 
xo, r


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments?